We seek to develop intellectual robustness
leading to high academic achievement
from girls who recognise their ability
to shape the society in which they live and work.
We aim to do this by:
- treating each girl as an individual in order to get the best from her;
- encouraging the girls to take risks in the classroom, to be robust learners, resilient against failure and disappointment, embracing the risk of failure as a means of learning more and thus achieving their full academic potential;
- offering a broad and balanced curriculum from which they can make appropriate choices and thus achieve their very best academically;
- placing as much emphasis on developing life and social skills as we do on academic development;
- insisting upon independence of learning and developing independence of mind and spirit among all the girls;
- encouraging the girls to be involved in decision-making and planning for the future of their school and their community; taking their views seriously so that they learn that they can have an impact.